What is WBCS?
WBCS 2021 exams were postponed because of the state assembly elections in the state. The WBPSC postponed the exam on March 1. The proposed date for the WBCS Prelims exam 2021 was March 21 and for the WBCS 2021 main exam was scheduled from April 24 to 28. The WBCS exam 2021 was postponed till May 15 and the new exam dates will be released later. WBCS 2021 notification was released on December 20. The WPSC WBCS 2021 Applications commenced on December 24. The candidates can apply online for the WBCS exam 2021 till January 15. The last date to submit the application fee is January 15 and the form can be submitted till January 16. The WBCS 2021 exam date is not released yet and it will be released later.
WBCS 2021 exam advertisement was released online and there are four groups of services combined to form the West Bengal Civil Service (WBCS). The details of Group A, B, C and D services were mentioned in the WBCS 2021 notification. The WBCS exam is conducted each year to recruit the Group A officers for the West Bengal Provincial Civil Services. The officers recruited through the WBCS exam are as follows:
- West Bengal Civil Service (Executive)
- Assistant Commissioner of Revenue in the integrated West Bengal Revenue Service
- West Bengal Co-operative Service
- West Bengal Labour Service
- West Bengal Food and Supplies Service
- West Bengal Employment Service
West Bengal Police Service
- Superintendent, District Correctional Home / Deputy Superintendent, Central Correctional Home
- Joint Block Development Officer
- Deputy Assistant Director of Consumer Affairs and Fair Business Practices
- West Bengal Junior Social Welfare Service
- West Bengal Subordinate Land Revenue Service, Grade-I
- Assistant Commercial Tax Officer
- Joint Registrar (West Bengal State Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission under the Consumer Affairs Department, Government of West Bengal
- Assistant Canal Revenue Officer (Irrigation)
- Chief Controller of Correctional Services
- Inspector of Co-operative Societies
- Panchayat Development Officer under the Panchayat and Rural Development Department
- Rehabilitation Officer under the Refugee Relief and Rehabilitation Department
The WBPSC issued a notice on March 1 stating that the WBCS 2021 exams were postponed because of the state assembly elections in the state. The WBCS 2021 prelims exam was proposed for March 21. The new West Bengal Civil Service (WBCS) 2021 exam dates will be released later by the West Bengal Public Service Commission (WBPSC). The WBCS exam is the most prestigious exam of the WBPSC.