NDA Exam 2020 - National Defence Academy Exam Acronym as NDA Exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year on the National basis for admitting young cadets in:
- National Defense Academy
- Naval Academy
to impart training on them to join as an Officers in the Indian Armed forces.
- NDA (National Defence Academy): 335 (208 for the army, 55 for navy and 72 for air force)
- NA (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme): 55
- Total: 390
NDA Exam (I) 2020 Important Dates
Date of Notification
Last Date for Submission of Application Form
Date of Entrance Exam
Date of Declaration of Result
NDA Exam (II) 2019 was held on-
- 21st April 2019----11th November 2019
NDA Exam 2020 Eligibility
For Army Wing of NDA
Aspiring Candidates must be the 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University
For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA and for 10+2 (Executive Branch) Course at Naval Academy
Candidates appearing for National Defence Academy Examination must be 12th Class pass i.e. the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University.
Those who are taking the +2 final exam or appeared in the said exam in the present year can also appear for the entrance test provisionally subject to their fulfilling the conditions later.
Other Eligibility Conditions
The desiring candidates should be +2 from a recognized board or equivalent in the specified streams for various branches of the Defense Services
The candidate should be between 16-1/2 to 19 years of age.
A candidate must either be :
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
4. Marital Status - Single
NDA Exam 2020 Pattern
NDA-NA is the two-level exam. The first level is the written exam conducted by the UPSC and the next level is the SSB interview conducted by Staff Selection Board of the Defence services. Only those candidates can take the level two exam who have qualified for the Level 1 exam. The written exam consists of Two Papers of 2-1/2 hours duration consisting of 300 and 600 marks as given below.
Pattern of Written Exam
||No. of Ques.
The General Ability Test consists of:
- Part A- English: 200
- Part B- General Knowledge: 400
- All the question papers are objective (multiple choice) type.
- There will be negative marking for every wrong answer.
- The candidates are supposed to use black ball pens only.
- Paper I-Mathematics and Part B of Paper II question papers are available in both English and Hindi.
- SI units will be used in the papers and candidates should use an only international form of Indian numerals (i.e. 1, 2, 3,4,5,6, etc.) while answering question papers.
The pattern of SSB interview
SSB conducts an elaborate interview of the written qualified candidates to test their physical, psychological fitness and team spirit necessary for the defence services. This consists of 900 marks.
NDA Exam 2020 Syllabus
Mathematics: This paper consists of general mathematical topics to the+2 standard as given below:
- Matrices and Determinants
- Analytical Geometry of Two and Three Dimensions
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus and Differential Equations
- Vector Algebra
- Statistics and Probability
General Mental Ability consists of questions from
- Physics (100)
- General Science (40)
- History (80)
- Geography (80) and
- Current events(40)
How to apply for NDA Exam 2020?
Candidates are required to apply online by using the website http:// www.upsconline.nic.in. Detailed instructions are available on the above-mentioned website.
In case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding their applications, candidature, etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near Gate ‘C’ of its campus in person or over Telephone No.011-23385271/ 011-23381125/ 011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs. and 17.00 hrs.
NDA Exam 2020 Fees
Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs.50/- (Rupees Fifty only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India / State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur /State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala / State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/ Master Credit/ Debit Card.
Note 1:- SC/ST candidates/ Sons of JCOs/ NCOs/ ORs who are exempted from payment of a fee. However, No fee exemption is available to OBC candidates and they are required to pay the full prescribed fee.
Note 2:- The sons of serving/ex-Junior Commissioned Officers/ Non-Commissioned Officers/ Other Ranks of Army and equivalent ranks in the Indian Navy/ Indian Air Force are also not required to pay the prescribed fee if they are studying in Military School (formerly known as King George's School)/Sainik School run by Sainik Schools Society.
NDA Exam 2020 Dates
NDA-NA exam is held twice a year normally in the month of April and September.
NDA Exam 2020 Test Centres
NDA Exam will be held at the following given centres:
- Panaji (Goa)
- Aizwal, Imphal
- Port Blair
NDA Exam 2020 Contact Details
Ph: 011-23385271/ 23381125/ 23098543